Friday, January 30, 2009

Decluttering

I have been on a decluttering mission.

This is something that is very difficult for me, because I grew up with a Mom who was a strong believer in "it might be useful one day", and because of that, I guess I learned to hang on to things. I am also sentimental. That means that I keep everything that my daughters touched, even if it is rubbish. OK, I'm not *quite* that bad. But still, things have definitely been out of control here.

Later this morning, I will take several boxes of items to the D.I. I have also been busy sorting through clothes that my children have outgrown and have donated many of them to a friend in need, my SIL, and again, the D.I.

I have put together a small collection of new or gently used toys for another friend to shop from this afternoon. Her husband lost his job a couple of months ago, and their daughters birthday is on Monday. I know she is planning on buying a couple of gifts "no matter what", but I am hoping she might be willing to supplement from our overabundance of toys.

What is amazing to me, is how much is still left. I'm not sure that I see "clutter" as a blessing, but it must be, because we have so much of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus