Monday, September 22, 2008

Wishes

As I type this, I am listening to my 8-year old daughter scream. She is in her room stomping her feet, hitting things, crying, screaming, and occasionally yelling "Wishes don't come true!"

Would you like to know the reason why she is throwing such a temper tantrum?

Part of it is because she got a role in Mountain West Ballet's version of The Nutcracker. Can you believe it? Most kids would be very, very excited. At least, I think they would be.

Not so, for The Princess.

She is upset because she has been cast as a "Bon Bon" and she wants to be a "Baby Mouse". Frankly, I think that she got the better role. But she doesn't see it that way.

I've told her that she can back out. She doesn't have to be in The Nutcracker if she doesn't want to be. She hasn't taken me up on the offer yet. I really think she will come around. Eventually.

The Dragon will be in The Nutcracker too. She will be a Sugar Plum Paige (I think it's supposed to be PAGE, but that's how they spelled it on the cast list). I can't tell you what her reaction is, because she's asleep. All-day Kindergarten is wearing her out!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Doesn't she know that bonbons are candy? Sure a lot better tasting than a baby mouse. Unless you are a cat, I guess.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Lara Neves said...

Awww...sounds like you have the same problem with overdramatic 8 year olds at your house that I do. Congrats to her though! She'll love it when all is said and done. :)

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GopImpennamah
rwed

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus