Monday, August 25, 2008

Sisters

I only have brothers. I know I fought with them as a child, but it seemed to me that it was very short lived. We yelled at each other, and then it was over.

The Princess and The Dragon are fighting ALL. THE. TIME.

It is typically over little things, but it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... OH! Sorry.

It reminds me of the book Where The Wild Things Are...

... they roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws ...

... except, when I tell them to "BE STILL!" they don't. (Oh, if I only had the power of Max! Then I could be queen of all wild things.)

I know that children will fight. I don't expect them to be perfectly well behaved all of the time. But does it have to be so darn explosive?

Worse, they are very rude to me. Talking back is becoming a huge issue around here.

I don't know how to deal with it anymore. It's getting embarrassing to go places with them, and school starts on Tuesday for The Princess, and about a week later for The Dragon. I don't think The Princess will act up in school, but The Dragon will. I am scared!

I send them to their room when they get out of control, but it doesn't seem to be working.

My Mom used to wash my mouth out with soap. I am not sure that worked with me.

If The King were around more, he would probably "whip them all soundly and send them to bed." And no, our children, FOR THE RECORD, have never been whipped. But that's how bad it's getting around here.

This is not a once or twice a day kind of thing. It starts within the first hour of them waking up, and I would say it happens at least once every 3-hours. Some days it happens almost every hour.

I want to have fun with my kids, but they are unbearable to be around. HELP!

5 Comments:

Blogger Obliviocelot said...

Heh, my siblings and I used to fight that badly. All the time. Especially Bryan and me. I think the thing that worked best was when we were locked away and forced to work together on something. I still remember one day cleaning the downstairs bathroom with Bryan and, after a few minutes of the mandatory arguing, we ended up being best friends for about two weeks. Then it was right back to hating each other, of course. Mom didn't do that often, though. Something about not wanting to make chores seem like a punishment.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Dianna said...

I know one girl who said her parents said if they were gonna argue they had to sing instead of yell what they were arguing about. Not sure how that would work with your girls. :)

Yeah, I remember Cathryn and Bryan fighting a lot... I think I mainly just fought with Cathryn simply cuz I was closest to her is my guess... I was a brat though. We would be forced to hug each other until we could at least fake we liked each other. Ahh, good times good times.

Mom also had this horrible stuff... I still don't know what it was.. .vinegar maybe? It was HORRIBLE! We had to eat a spoonful of it if we said nasty things. Ugh. My mom also put that on my thumb to get me to quit sucking it... lol. I don't remember too well, though, how well these things worked.

4:27 PM  
Blogger King Isepik said...

We need to work on spending more time with them and less time on our laptops when they are awake. Once they are asleep, we can do whatever.

Just my $.02. Please feel free to salt to taste.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I totally understand the fighting and hate to admit it, the king has a point. I need to quit spending so much time on the computer.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

The mandatory "stand there hugging each other until you two decide to be friends" often worked with ours. We also deprived them of certain favorite toys and activities. If you have a family home evening, you might consider assigning one of them to give a lesson on getting along with sisters, etc. Just some suggestions.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus