Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Interview

Lara interviewed her children the other day, and I thought it was a really cute idea mostly because I remember my Dad doing interviews with me when I was a kid. So here are the results. Some of the answers are dead-on, and some of the answers were simply amusing. I must clarify one thing, however: I have NEVER made zucchini bread. The King always makes it around here.

1. What is something mom always says to you?

The Princess: Clean your room.
The Dragon: Get your fingers out of your mouth!

2. What makes mom happy?

The Princess: When I clean my room.
The Dragon: When I am nice to people.

3. What makes mom sad?

The Princess: When I yell at her.
The Dragon: When I don't do what she wants.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?

The Princess: By tickling me or singing a "pickle" or a "skunk" song.
The Dragon: By tickling me!

5. What was your mom like as a child?

The Princess: I don't know.
The Dragon: I don't know.

6. How old is your mom?

The Princess: Thirty.... uh, four!
The Dragon needed some prompting:
          Mom: Am I 5?
          The Dragon: No, you're older than 5.
          Mom: Am I 100?
          The Dragon: No, you're less than 100.
          Mom: Well, how old do you think I am then?
          The Dragon: Hmm. Maybe the number before 100?

7. How tall is your mom?

The Princess: I don't know.
The Dragon: Super tall! Well, to me she's super tall! [Stands up on chair] Well, now I'm taller than you!

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

The Princess: I don't know. Um... sniffing sunflowers? No! Typing on her computer.
The Dragon: Clean and play with me and The Princess.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

The Princess: Go to stores. I think.
The Dragon: Clean.

10. If your mom became famous, what would it be for?

The Princess: The fastest typing person on the computer.
The Dragon: Money. You would have a lot of money and gold and silver.

11. What is your mom really good at?

The Princess: Typing on the computer.
The Dragon: Cleaning.

12. What is your mom not so good at?

The Princess: Remembering not to write cursive when she is writing to me.
The Dragon: Sewing.

13. What does your mom do for her job?

The Princess: She takes care of me.
The Dragon: Take care of kids and even teach them what to do and what not to do.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?

The Princess: I don't know. I really don't know. Unless maybe it's chocolate?
The Dragon: Zucchini Bread?

15. What makes you proud of your mom?

The Princess: When she helps me with my homework.
The Dragon: When she makes me zucchini bread.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

The Princess: Daisy Duck because I don't know... it's just the only thing I could come up with.
The Dragon: I don't know.

17. What is something you and your mom do together?

The Princess: We don't do much, but right now we're doing some questions!
The Dragon: Play "clean up the house."

18. How are you and your mom the same?

The Princess: We both like chocolate and we both have long hair.
The Dragon: Sometimes we do the same things, like, we both eat zucchini bread at the same time.

19. How are you and your mom different?

The Princess: I don't have glasses or contacts.
The Dragon: Well, you make the zucchini bread and I don't.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?

The Princess: She hugs me and gives me kisses and makes me laugh.
The Dragon: Because you tell me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Cute. Do you remember Art Linkletter's show?

7:11 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Sounds like an awful lot of zucchini bread has been made and eaten at your house lately!

Welcome home! :O)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Joni said...

How sweet! Kids always tell it like it is and your kiddies said some wonderful things about you. :)


Joni

9:49 AM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

I really want zucchini bread now! And Brian and I cracked up over what a one track mind the Dragon has. lol

1:26 PM  
Blogger Lara Neves said...

The zucchini bread was cracking me up! And so was the fact that you are one year less than 100.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus