Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Argh! Continued...

I am not kidding about the 8-hours comment.

It has been well over an hour since I gave her a math assignment, and she has completed 22 problems. Keep in mind that this is not anything new, it is simply multiplying a two-digit number by a one-digit number. Something that she has been doing for months in school without a problem, AND she has her multiplication tables memorized (for the most part, there may be a few rough patches). The assignment I gave her (two pages), would have taken her 15-20 minutes (tops!) to complete, if she were in school.

(And I think I use too many parentheses...)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lara Neves said...

well, I applaud you for trying. We've been taking it so easy, I'm sure that Bria will need to repeat the entire 2nd grade. :)

Also, just wanted to apologize for not getting with you about family pictures. I really wanted to do that for you, and still will next time I'm up. (If you've read my blog you know how crazy it's been...)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Lara Neves said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

One thing that I recommend to parents is to set a timer. You know how long the assignment should take, so set the timer for that long and have her race the timer. If she finishes (BEST WORK) in the time allotted, she gets a small prize or a treat or a sticker on a chart that when full can be redeemed for a larger prize.

Sometimes it helps. . .

I'm right there with Lara - Kenton may be repeating 2nd grade also! I just can't seem to slip into any mode yet - teacher or mom. Oh wait - I'm in full on grouch mode. That one I have successfully mastered!

1:08 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

Timers are great because they can't argue with them. I'm with Deb.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus