Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Clothes, Clothes and MORE Clothes!

I have been drowning in clothes. They are everywhere; piled throughout the house. Some are clean, some are not. Some fit, some don't. It's been overwhelming.

Last night I informed The King that we were having a "Clothes Party" tonight. I told him I needed his help to get the clothes under control.

So, after dinner, we started making the girls try on every article of clothing that they own. The girls decided that we weren't really having a party - we were actually having a fashion show! (Hey, whatever works!) 2 hours later (with about 30 minutes in breaks), we managed to get through about 80% of the clothes.

The good news is that The Princess doesn't require as many clothes as I thought she would. Probably two pairs of shorts for the summer, maybe one new shirt for occasions where she needs something nicer than play clothes. I can totally deal with that. She will need more when school starts, but I won't buy those until August because otherwise she will outgrow them before summer is over.

The Dragon has a lot of clothes too. But while she seems to have plenty of long-sleeved shirts, I think we are severely lacking in the t-shirt department. Thankfully, I can get several of those for a good price at Wal-Mart or Target. Of course, I still have more clothes to go through tomorrow, so this could change. We'll see...

As for The King and I - we didn't have to model our clothes for anyone. I could definitely use some new shirts. So many of mine have small holes in them, or are stained beyond belief. And I would REALLY love to find a great pair of sandals.

The King hasn't mentioned his requirements yet, but I imagine he could use one or two new articles of clothing.

Since The Dragon's last day of school was today, and The Princess only has a half-day of school on Thursday, followed by a long weekend, I think I will be spending most of the weekend shopping. Could be fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

I hate clothes. Wish we all wore uniforms. I'm still enjoying the clothes you left me when you moved from here.

I hope you enjoy shopping with the kids. Buying them clothes was one thing I hated.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Dirty Laundry Diva said...

Well, that is a FUN idea... NewscasterHottie and I need to have a clothes party, then give away all the stuff we don't need- to make way fr new stuff of course! :-O

2:30 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ohhh - have fun shopping! My kids are in serious need of summer clothes. Me too. Too bad we don't live closer - we could make a day of it!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

Your my hero. I need to do this same thing but have not want or energy to do it. I hope that you have fun shopping!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I need to go through all the clothes and get rid of what doesn't fit, too, but it's such a huge job I'm putting it off.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I really do feel so lucky to have been able to meet and perform with the King's Singers.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus