Sunday, April 13, 2008

Losing Nemo

On March 5, 2008, The King and I discovered that we were adding a new little prince or princess would be joining our family. We didn't want to tell everyone at first, and by the time April Fools Day rolled around - well, we just couldn't resist having a lot of fun. We left a lot of you completely in the dark, and completely confused, with the intention of revealing at the end of April, that yes, we were going to have a baby!

Everything in that post was true, except for the ultrasound picture. I got that one of the 'net, because at the time of the post, I wasn't in a location where I could scan in the ultrasound picture that was of our baby - "Nemo."

Well, little did we know that things would go terribly wrong.

Baby Nemo left our little family this morning at the early hour of 3 am. Our baby was exactly 10 weeks (gestational age) old. I actually thought that I had lost the baby on Friday, so I did most of my crying then. Emotionally, I'm doing OK. Physically, I've been better, but now that the bleeding seems to be more under control, I think I'll be OK sooner rather than later.

So, sorry for the joke. In the end, the joke was on us.

Love to you all...

9 Comments:

Blogger Lara Neves said...

I'm so sorry, Karen. I've been through that before and it is so hard. I do hope you're feeling better physically very soon.

And about your April Fools joke...no wonder I fell for it. I can usually spot a lie pretty easily, but since you weren't actually lying...

(((hugs)))

11:34 PM  
Blogger Dianna said...

That's pretty much the saddest post I've read in a while. I'm so sorry! Good luck, and i hope you feel better!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh, Karen! I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you cyber hugs and real prayers.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I'm so sorry, too. I came here to congratulate you on your fantastic score on the trivia quiz, and discovered the bad news. I hope you and the King are doing okay... trials sometimes work to our benefit over the long run, but knowing this doesn't make the pain go away any faster.

4:57 PM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

Karen I'm so sorry. I've been there and it's a horrible empty feeling. I'm thinking about you and the King. Much love to you.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Karen - I am so sorry!!!!! I am crying for you. I know you were excited.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my condolescences...

2:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had to no clue! I should keep up with everyone better than I do.....

Anyway, I'm so sorry. There aren't words to express how sorry i am.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Joni said...

Oh Karen,
I'm very sorry. I've been through this too and it's so hard! Sending you hugs!!

Love,
Joni

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus