Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Give Thanks!

As a child, my Mother taught me the importance of writing thank-you cards. Every time someone would give me a gift, out came the paper and pencils, and my Mother would make me write a nice thank-you note to the gift-giver. Time and again, I would complain, but Mom was relentless. Those thank-you cards must go out!

As an adult, I have tried to continue the tradition of thank-you cards, but I know I have fallen short on many occasions. It seems like I never have a really good excuse as to why it doesn't get done - maybe I don't have a card on hand, maybe the cards cost too much, maybe it's too much work to have to address all the envelopes, maybe I just can't find a card that says just the right thing.

Well, no more excuses! I found some great Thank you Cards online that I can personalize so that it is appropriate for me and my friends. Ordering in bulk gives me discount pricing. I can save time when addressing my thank-you cards, because I can have my return address printed on all the envelopes.

This is one of my favorite cards:



I think the reason I like this card is because it is colorful and it has a fun design. It would be fun to send to some of my friends, and it would also be appropriate for my children to use as a thank-you note for when they have yet another birthday party. It's also classy enough, that if I ran short of thank-you notes for my business, I could easily use this one as it has a simple yet elegant design.

When was the last time you told a friend thank-you for all the wonderful things they do? I know it's been a while for me. Order some thank-you notes (they ship quickly!) and start writing! I can guarantee you'll make somebody's day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

My mother taught me the same thing and I in-turn have taught my kids the same thing. If someone takes the time to do or give you something, the least you can do is send a thank you note. One year for Christmas, I gave embossed thank you cards with the persons initials on them as gifts. They seemed to appreciate getting these, as they didn't have to go out and buy cards. I think what you've done is a great idea!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am for one, a person who sends thank you notes. Even for my children. It's a dying art of which shouldn't be forgotten.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was always taught to write thank you notes as well, my husband on the other hand had never written one in his life! The first year we were married he didn't write a thank you for a gift my grandmother ( a VERY traditional woman) had sent him. The next year she gifted him a large stationary set with a note "hope to hear from you soon". I remember once my sister growing up did not write Grandma a thank you and then didn't receive a gift the next year! When she passed away we found in her desk very organized piles of ALL the cards we had ever sent her through the years, it was so touching that they meant so much to her. She also had parkinsons disease that made it very hard for her to write to us, but we found a note book that she practiced her letters in first. KEEP THOSE CARDS GOING!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree 110%, thank you cards are a must. Even though Alex is only 2 we send out thank you cards from him when he receives gifts.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus