Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mothers Who Know

Some of my readers may not know that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. During our General Conference (a meeting that is broadcasted world-wide to members of the church) in October, Sister Julie Beck gave a talk entitled "Mothers Who Know."

Some women were offended by her talk. Some might feel that she was putting them down, that they weren't doing enough. Some felt that she was demanding that they be the best, be perfect, excel... and DO MORE.

Personally, I loved her talk, for reasons I can't adequately express.

But somebody put some of her words to pictures and music, and created a YouTube video. I think it is worth sharing. This video embodies what motherhood is, or should be, and whether or not we share the same religious beliefs, I believe that there is a lot of truth and wisdom in this video. I hope you enjoy it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

Thank you so much for this post! I loved her talk too!!!!!

Oh- the link to your blog has been on my blog since I redid it in December!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus