Friday, December 28, 2007

Light Up The Night

The King has informed me that he wants to switch all of our Christmas lights to LED lights. He loves them that much! It’s got me thinking – what else could I use LED lights for? Something other than holiday decorating or wedding décor?
What about using LED lights for landscaping? It’s obvious that outdoor lighting can add an element of safety in addition to an element of beauty to your outdoor space. And, as an added bonus, if the landscape lighting is something you are inclined to do, using LED lights can save you a lot of money in the long run. Some of the LED lights that I’ve been reading about can last for as long as 50,000 hours, which sounds like a heck of a lot, am I right? But how long is that really? If you used LED lights for your landscaping, and had them running 12-hours a day, 365 days a year, those LED lights will still be working OVER TEN YEARS later. Crazy, huh? And, don’t forget that a 5w or less LED light consumes 25% less power than a traditional 20w MR-16 halogen landscape light. In the long run, that can save you a substantial amount of money.
The use of LED lights have also allowed for better performing landscape lighting solar systems. These types of systems use small solar panels to charge internal batteries that power the LED fixtures during the nighttime. Think of the money you can be saving by going this route!
I will definitely be doing some more research to figure out how I can get the best deals on purchasing LED lights. While I like the cost-saving benefits that LED lights offer, I’m such a bargain hunter, I’ve got to find a really good price on these kind of lights FIRST. That way I’ll be saving money ALL the way around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus