Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Here's A Suggestion For Wedding Decor

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, my brother recently got engaged. His future mother-in-law, Cheryl, is thrilled to the max about the upcoming nuptials (in October). Apparently, she'll be coming here in January to help her daughter, Kristel, start shopping for wedding dresses. There's a lot of planning to be done during the coming months, so I thought I'd make a suggestion for decor.

So, one of my favorite decor items is lights. Lots of tiny, twinkly, sparkly lights! If you're thinking Christmas lights, then you are right in line with my kind of thinking.

If I could do it over again, I would love to duplicate the wedding scene from "Father of the Bride" where they have hundreds of lights hanging from the top of the tent - they might as well have been stars in the sky - gorgeous!

LED string lights could definitely help me create my fantasy. The LED lights come in all kinds of shapes and colors, and they consume 80% less energy than standard incandescent lights. This is a huge plus if you are going to be hosting the wedding at your own house where you're going to be footing the electric bill, rather than a reception center where the electrical cost may be included with your rental fee.

Another huge benefit of LED lights is that you can connect up to 125 strings end-to-end with just one plug! That is amazing to me. LED lights are also known to last and last and last - up to 100,000 hours or more! - so you can use the lights for holiday decorations and other events for years to come.

So Kristel, there's my vote. Go for LED lights to help you with your wedding decor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus