Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Election Day

Yahoo! Election Day is over! Now maybe I can get my life back, meaning that maybe I won't be quite as attached to my computer as I have been for the past week. Those voucher debates were addictive!

I was worried that I might not make it to the polls, but I got there at about 11:15 this morning and missed the lines. Perfect-o! They even let me vote. Um, there's a story there, but um, well, let's just say I got to vote! YAY!

As I type this, it looks like the voucher bill has been defeated. It also looks like Ralph Becker will be the new Mayor. I hope this is a good thing. I keep telling myself that anybody would be better than Rocky. I'll be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with either candidate this year.

One funny from the election (though I'm betting the article will be corrected in time) is that KSL reported at 10 PM that "167 of the 158 Precincts" had reported. Hm. If our math is really that bad, maybe we need vouchers after all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lara Neves said...

Too bad about the vouchers. (wink, wink)

Glad to hear Rocky was defeated. That makes me very happy even though I'm not in SLC. Just never could stand him.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you made it!! It's a very important day!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Queen,
I enjoyed checking out your blog. I'm a recent grad in Silicon Valley, and I've just started a company that is mapping the blogosphere to our world. Here is an example of a blogger in Georgia who's plugged in: http://www.verveearth.com/landing/#type=user&id=772. It can be fun to explore different localities.

It's an easy process to get on board, and I can be reached at clayton@verveearth.com for questions or feedback. If you resonate with the vision of painting a global canvas of voices, please give VerveEarth a mention.

Cheers! -Clayton

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus