Friday, November 09, 2007

Croppin'

It's getting close to midnight and I'm at a crop. Thankfully, I found someone's wireless internet service up and running so I am able to post.

I'm feeling very overwhelmed with life right now - a feeling that is becoming more and more common as the days go on. I wonder why I could not be blessed with organizational skills, or at least, some kind of speed factor so that I could simply accomplish everything that needs to be accomplished in one day.

I find myself grateful for household products that can, for the most part, accomplish the job by themselves. It's true that I have to load the laundry and start the washing machine, but once I've done that, I have an hour of freedom to do as I please. The dishwasher is another one of those miraculous machines. Some of us act as though it's so hard to load the dishwasher or washing machine, but really, we have it easy. I am grateful that I get to live "NOW" rather than 50, or even 60 years ago.

Life is so different and we are so blessed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lara Neves said...

You're so right. I often think about how long it takes me to clean my house NOW and am so thankful I don't have to do it all by hand. But, in the "olden"days they probably didn't have as much stuff as we do, either.
I still wish I was more organized, though. :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

I can't figure it out. I don't read books, watch television, talk on the phone, never even get to sew or cook to speak of, seldom shop, but I never have time for doing ANYTHING anymore. I get the laundry done, run errands, visit my sick friends, fix computers, and just always seem to have a to do list out the whazoo.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Well...I DID live 50 years ago...but I was only a one-year-old, so I didn't have to do much in the way of laundry (I think I made more, tho) or dishes. :)
But I made up for it. And yes....much to be thankful for.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus