Monday, September 10, 2007

What's The Point Of A Blog...

If You Don't Blog?

I have no idea. Hence, I decided that I should probably write something. Anything!

First, several of you commented about my "volunteer" hours at the school. I offer the following as some sort of explanation. When The Princess was accepted into this program, I was given my choice of two schools. One school required uniforms. I am not a fan of the uniform policy. The other school did not require uniforms, but I was told that they were "very pushy on co-oping." In fact, I was told that it was NOT required, but that the parents and teachers at this school would treat it like it WAS required. So I knew what I was getting in to. In addition, before The Princess was given this opportunity, I had her enrolled at a school that absolutely positively no-doubt-about-it required 3 hours of co-oping a week. Period. End of discussion. So I figured that it wouldn't be that bad. This year has been more difficult than others in working out my co-oping schedule, that's why I was so stressed. It just felt like I was never going to find a time that worked for me, and for the class. Honestly, I could've said, I can only be there on Mondays from 8:30 until 11:30, take it or leave it, and they would've had to take it because they can really only require so much. But I really wanted to be there at a time that worked for me AND for them -- and this year it was a real struggle to find it. But we've worked it out now. As tiring as co-oping can be, it really does make a difference in the classroom.

On sickness - we all seem to be doing better. For the most part, we were up and moving around the next day. The Dragon and I have had a lingering cough (I think she inherited my lungs), but no one is sick enough to stay home from school or work.

The King is working late tonight. He is hoping to install some new equipment that will hopefully let him sleep at night rather than staying up until 1 o'clock in the morning babysitting computers.

The Princess seems to be enjoying school. She says she LIKES math. Weird.

The Dragon cannot wait for her birthday on Wednesday. She is so excited to be FIVE.

Me? I think I'm loving this new Creative Memories job. I've got my first "Get Together" show scheduled for Tuesday the 18th. I'm slowly getting myself organized and trained, and becoming more familiar with the very new products that are being offered. It really is a lot of fun and I am enjoying it so far. I'm sure I will be really happy once I actually start getting paid! Seriously, getting paid for scrapbooking and playing on computers? This has got to be some kind of a dream. It's just AWESOME.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow, five years old is such a big milestone for both your little one and you!

congrats on the new job too!

11:06 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

I can't believe how time is flying. I will have to get out there before the girls start dating!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Schools seem to be requiring more and more time from the parents - I wonder why? We've noticed that with our kids' school, too.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus