Thursday, July 12, 2007

Congratulations, Princess!

What we loving refer to as "our branch" of the County Library System was holding a spell writing contest a few weeks ago. It was (like everything else these days) in honor of the impending release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. They encouraged children to submit their own rhyming spell, and in exchange, gave them a bracelet kit with beads that changed colors in sunlight. They also said that they would give a copy of "Deathly Hallows" to the person (ages 5-17) who wrote the best rhyming spell.

The Princess won for her spell "My Favorite Recipe." Basically, it was a recipe for spaghetti - her favorite food.

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of it because it was a spur of a minute thing and we just handed the entire thing in, not thinking very much about it. But if I get a copy of it, I'll be sure to have her post it on her blog.

As a side note, I do feel a little bit guilty because I helped her write it. I did not write the whole thing. The idea was definitely hers. The idea(s) of what to put in it were hers. But I did help her rearrange it a little bit, and I helped her find some words that actually rhymed. :) It was such a spur of the moment activity - we just threw it together while sitting on the floor of the library. The kids REALLY wanted those bracelets. That's OK, isn't it?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Congratulations! I can't say if it is okay because I don't know how much you helped. She does, though.

So let's see the beads!

9:15 PM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

I think it's great! It was her ideas that won and that's what's important. :)

Pictures of the beads, please.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Lara Neves said...

Congratulstions! I'm sure many other parents helped, too. No worries. :)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus