Friday, June 29, 2007

You're the Inspiration...

I really enjoy going back and reading my blog - it's even better when I find a series of posts that were written on a daily basis. So, since I posted yesterday I have to post today. :)

But what to write about? Thank heavens for YOU! I went to visit Deb's blog and found this wonderful list which she stole from Lara's blog! Now it's my turn. Feel free to steal away - just call it your 'inspiration'.

45 Things About Me

1. Are you taller than your mom? My gut instinct was to say yes, but I think the actual answer might be no. I always thought that I was 5'8", and my Mom always says that she is 5'7". Then the Doctor said that I am 5'7", so that would mean that I am the same height as my Mom, but I don't think we are the same height at all. And the more that I think about it, the more I can't decide who is really taller than who. But does this really matter? Especially when you consider that I am ADOPTED.

2. What color is your car? Short answer: Green. But it's really more of a teal. And sometimes it looks really green. But sometimes it looks really blue.

3. What is the closest thing to you that is red? I have a t-shirt on that has red 'collegiate' type letters on it that spells out America.

4. What is your ringtone? Oh When The Saints Come Marching In. It started as a joke because I thought it would annoy The King when I assigned it to his phone. But it didn't appear to annoy him, and then I realized that not many people use it as a ring tone so I kept it because at least I would know that it was MY phone that was ringing.

5. Are you sick? How to answer that? Some people are convinced that I am 'sick in the head' but, other than that... no. I'm not sick.

6. Do you have a favorite pillow? No, but I am NOT a fan of feather pillows. Way too squishy.

7. What is your favorite game? Oh gosh - I do love a good game of Scrabble, or maybe Scattergories. But the games I play most often are computer games like Zuma and Luxor.

8. Had a nap today? No. Neither have my kids - maybe they need one. It's highly unlikely that I would take one - I am not a "nap person."

9. Gold or Silver? I am definitely a big fan of the silver, for everything. But as far as jewelry goes, I probably wear gold more often than not.

10. Is there an animal that creeps you out? I don't care for insects of any kind, but I guess that I would have to say that the animal that disturbs me the most is a mouse. They have an uncanny knack of running in 8 different directions at once.

11. Who was the last person you rode an elevator with? If my memory serves me well, it was with my two daughters, and their friend Laura. It was a crowded elevator, my kids were closest to the buttons, there were buttons that NEEDED to be pushed, and ALL of the kids refused to push any of the buttons, even on request. We must've been in The Twilight Zone or something.

12. Did you go ice skating as a kid? Yes! My Mom took me almost every winter to a small rink at Murray Park.

13. Ever have stitches? Yes, my Mom slammed my middle finger of my left hand in the car door when I was about 5 (?) years old. I still have the scar. I have also had a couple of surgeries, and I believe they used stitches on the INSIDE, but the outside was always held together with staples or tape so I guess they don't really count.

14. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Limeade. Followed closely by Root Beer. Followed closely by Code Red.

15. How long ago did you kiss someone? Well gosh. Thanks for pointing out what is so OBVIOUSLY wrong with my life. I don't know. I do know it was sometime this week, but other than that, I don't know. How SAD is that?

16. What's something you want to do before you die? Overcome depression. I want to be HAPPY.

17. Have you ever caught something on fire? A close call when I was a kid - I had a candle burning in my room and I fell asleep. It burned down to my dresser, and burned a large circle on top of my dresser, but then it went out. A guardian angel must've been watching over our family that night. I've caught lots of things on fire ON PURPOSE - but this is the only accident that comes to mind.

18. Have you ever seen a ghost? No. It's one of those things that I have always wanted to see, but I'm guessing I would be completely freaked out if it ever actually happened.

19. Have you ever seen the northern lights? No. Add that to my list of things I would like to do before I die.

20. Do you know how to use chop sticks? Well, yes. I know HOW to use them. Do I do it well? HECK NO.

21. Name something good that happened today. I ate breakfast.

22. What room are you in? The Kitchen... well, maybe it's more of The Dining Room. I'm at the Kitchen Table that is in our Dining Room? Well, you get the idea.

23. Are you worried about something you can't control? I worry a lot, probably more than I need too. Most of the stuff that I do worry about I think I can control - so then I worry about whether or not I am actually going to control it. But, there is one thing that I can't control which is almost always on the back of my mind and it involves my husband's job. I am always afraid of another job lay-off. I know I need to let it go, and I try too. Sometimes I even think that I HAVE let it go. Then it sneaks back up and bites me on the butt. Ugh!

24. Do you like to exercise? No. But if I have a walking partner I do find it more enjoyable, and I think I would like to start swimming this fall - maybe when my kids are in school.

25. Ever been in a car wreck? Yes. Once as a passenger when I was in 5th grade, my friends mom rear ended someone. Once I scraped the side of my car against the side of someone else's car because I made too sharp of a left turn - the 'rents don't know about that one. Once I actually managed to get my Mom's huge mini-van stuck in a drive-through at Iceburg in Salt Lake City. That was totally embarrassing. Apparently though, it's happened before, and they finally tore down the fence that kept causing all of these "traffic jams." Another time, a car made a left-turn into my car, and completely totalled it. It was a hit-and-run, and once they caught the guy, they let him go because he was from Mexico and he "didn't know better" even though he had a Utah Driver's License! Don't get me started... Oh, and another time I was fooling around with my friends and I hit a barricade (one of those easel type ones with the flashing lights on top?) - it got stuck under the car. And then there was the time that my car slid off the road and into a tree during an ice storm. You know, I think I should've just answered this question with a "Yes" and left it at that.

26. Are you wearing nailpolish? No. I like it, but it always starts chipping off 24-hours after I apply it. What's the point?

27. Favorite color? Sunflower Yellow is the likely choice, but I also like a deep red.

28. Innie or Outie? Mine is definitely an innie.

29. Ever been to Canada? Yes. Glacier National Park was probably my favorite trip because I remember most of it.

30. Sweet or Sour? As a general rule, sweet. But as a kid one of my favorite treats was a lemon. Yum.

31. Sun or Moon? Well, I am a happy person when I open all the blinds in our house and let that beautiful sunshine come pouring in. But honestly, I really enjoy watching the Moon.

32. What shoes did you wear today? Shoes? We don't need no stinkin' shoes.

33. Favorite eye color of the opposite sex? I suppose I should say brown because that's what The King has, and I DO like them. But green eyes are pretty darn attractive too.

34. Most important quality in any relationship? Tough one. Deb said honesty, I'll go for that right now.

35. Favorite movie? I just watched "Music and Lyrics" and really enjoyed it. But probably an all-time favorite is "The Parent Trap" starring Haley Mills. Lindsay Lohan sucks.

36. Time of day you were born? 12:06 am. Does this explain my owl tendencies?

37. Do you know your blood type? Oh yes, O-. Universal Donor, I am.

38. What would you spend 5000 dollars on right now if you were handed it? I would share it with The King so he could get a new computer. But I would hope that while he would get a computer that fits his needs, he would also not spend all of it, so that we could start rebuilding our savings account.

39. Name something you are grateful for! My family - particularly over this past week because they have been putting up with all kinds of nastiness from me. I am very lucky that they still love me.

40. Did you grow up in the city or country? Salt Lake CITY.

41. Would you ever consider going on a reality TV show if offered a large sum of money? As in, I get the money just for going on it - not having to WIN it? Probably. But I guess I would have to consider what type of reality TV show it is. If I'm required to get naked - HECK NO. It wouldn't help their ratings anyway. *smirk*

42. One of your dreams? To be at peace. Period. I know, I'm asking a lot.

43. Hugs or kisses? Hugs. But if we're talking strictly candy here, it's Kisses, all the way.

44. You have 10 dollars to spend in the dollar store. What do you get? The possibilities are endless, but I'd probably end up in the paper/school supplies section. Or gift wrap - sometimes they have really good deals on wrapping paper.

45. Slurpee flavor? Something fruity - I think Banana is my favorite. No "soda" flavored ones, and definitely no "pina colada" ones. Did you know I used to work at 7-Eleven? So did The King. The best part of the job was picking the next Slurpee flavors. Or maybe it was checking out guys with my gay co-worker. *evil grin*

7 Comments:

Blogger Lara Neves said...

Very fun to read everybody's answers!!!

And, WOW! to the car wreck question. :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

I have the When the Saints ringtone too (great minds think alike) and I dance every time it rings. Everyone else has to dance with me and smile.

You are the second person I know with the Mexican hit-and-run thing. Diane H was hit with a car full of kids. She has health problems to this day, and insurance problems because they want HIM to pay it, but he was drunk and illegal and never found again.

Now you can make up your own list of 100 Things About Me freeform that nobody knows or are important to you.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Shoes? We don't need no stinkin' shoes!

You crack me up! :O)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Actually, we have insurance problems from our OWN insurance company that we had at the time. We know the man who hit us would pay nothing. Our insurance company has been dragging their feet because medical issues kept coming up and they wanted to make sure we were "done". Weird.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

would you believe, i have seen a ghost? but not in the positive sort of light, i guess, one would say, i'm kinda sensitive....

wrecks? plenty. none that were my fault. and one, i'm quite amazed i was able to walk away from even though my knee is screwed and back is all jacked.

and kisses, all the way......

11:33 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I definitely agree with hugs over kisses! Hugs are more applicable and there's nothing like a loving, bear hug! But then, there's nothing like chocolate kisses...

Great blog!

1:06 PM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

I stole it. :D heeheehee

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus