Monday, June 25, 2007

Seriously?

I find it hard to believe that the last time I posted was June 12th. It really doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Time flies when you are busy.

So let's see if I can rehash what we've been busy with over the past week or two.

Wednesday, June 13th was the first day of a free art class at the library that The Princess was interested in. I was able to sign her and Laura (a friend) up for the class, and I drove them there while Laura's mom watched The Dragon for me. I was grateful I had my portable computer - it gave me something to do. The class was a sculpture class - their projects will be displayed at the library upon completion of the class. I think the girls had fun, but it wasn't quite what they were hoping for. The "clay" was some of that stuff made by Crayola that is kind-of like a light-weight foam when it dries. While it's fun, it's not like real clay, and you can't really 'sculpt' with it. Ah well.

On Thursday, June 14th, The Dragon had her second day of preschool. She was quite willing to go, but was disappointed that she wouldn't have dance afterwards. I dragged The Princess to a couple of different stores with me. We were searching for Ball Park hot dogs. They were on sale - $1 a package. It's a good price, but of course, I can usually get them for that price or less. BUT... this week if you bought five packages, you got a coupon for $5 off your next shopping order. Which of course, you can use to buy 5 more packages of hot dogs, and then get another coupon for $5 off of your next shopping order. We have a lot of hot dogs in the freezer.

Thursday night, was The Princess' coach-pitch baseball clinic. Yep, she loved baseball enough that we signed her up for another 'season.' Laura's mom signed her up too, so the girls are very excited to be on the same team. Laura's mom called me right before the game and was telling me that she wasn't sure what she was going to do for dinner. I said, "Come on over, we've got... " (can you guess?) "... HOT DOGS!" So they did. And then we all rushed off to the baseball clinic where The Princess was very happy to show Laura how it was done. They both hit the ball, they both worked on catching and throwing the ball, and Laura was initiated by catching a bad bounce with her face. No blood though, so it was a happy ending.

By the time that Friday, the 15th had arrived, I was exhausted. I didn't want to go anywhere, do anything, but alas, it was Art Class again. I managed to get the girls to their class, The Dragon to the baby sitter, and zoned out with my trusty computer at the Library. That night I
had plans to go to a crop - but I really didn't want too. I was SO tired. But I hadn't been to a crop for a while, and I had a feeling that a night out of the house would do wonders for me, so I went. I had a good time, and I got a few pages done. But I was still tired.

Saturday morning I felt like killing myself because I DID NOT want to GO anywhere. But I had too - the girls had swimming lessons. So, I did what any good mother would do, and got dressed, got them dressed, and got out the door to go to swimming lessons. The Princess is catching on so quickly - she even went down the water slide! The Dragon is doing very well too - she is becoming more and more willing to put her face in the water. YAY DRAGON!

After swimming lessons were over, I was feeling a little more adventurous, so, remembering that my friend Merry Noelle (Dubby - do you remember the Sandoval's?) lived in the neighborhood, I decided to drop by and surprise her. It was so good to see her again! It's crazy that we only live 10 (?) miles away from each other but yet we never get together. Hopefully we can change that a little bit this summer!

By the time we got home, a few hours later, I must've been feeling a little better because I suggested that we all go to Lagoon-A-Beach, which is a water park. We have season passes to Lagoon, and the 'beach' is included. We had never been to the water park before, and I didn't want to go for the first time with just the girls - so the King somewhat willingly tagged along. Boy, it was an adventure. We had to wait in line to get into the park (though the line did move fairly quickly), then we had to stand in a line to get a locker, then we had to stand in a line to rent tubes and get life jackets for the girls, then we had to stand in another line to PICK-UP the tubes (they gave us the life jackets), then we had to find a spot to spread out our towels, etc, and then we could finally go play! I think everyone's favorite part was the 'lazy river' where we could all just float around on our tubes with the girls on our laps. The Princess was brave enough to bop around the river on her own - thouigh we made her stay very close by, and even The Dragon liked to be down in the water, hanging on to our legs for a few minutes. The water was COLD though. Very cold.

When my feet were decidedly numb and the girls were a lovely shade of blue, we decided it was time to pack up. Once we were out of the water, the girls declared they were STAAAAAAARVING, and they needed food NOW. We didn't give in at that very moment, but we did stop at McDonald's on the way home which made for very happy children.

Sunday, was of course, Father's Day. The girls had a great time making cards and coloring pictures for their Dad. I tried to let the King have a relaxing day as possible (with the exception of me asking him to please rinse The Dragon's hair because I always pour water and soap into her eyes). I tried to arrange to cook dinner for him, but he ended up cooking most of it. I also made a cake for him, but he didn't even try it until the next day. I also made arrangements for a e-card to be sent to him on Father's Day, and I know he got it because of a confirmation email they sent to me. But he didn't say anything about it - which is OK. But.... I dunno - I hope he had a nice day - I tried - but I kinda have the feeling that maybe I didn't do a very good job or it wasn't up to his expectations. I love him very much though, and I think he is a great Dad. Happy Father's Day! My Mom called at about 6:00 that night wanting to know where we were - she thought we were coming to dinner. I had told her that we would NOT be coming to dinner because we wanted to spend the day with The King - but apparently she didn't remember that. She was waiting for us - they usually eat at about 5:30. I felt bad, but it's not my fault.

All in all, I had a nice day - and I bet you all are thinking "Great! The Queen finally got to stay home and rest for a day." HA HA HA! Nope. We went to church. I am still awaiting my day of "let's do absolutely nothing" - it will arrive... eventually.

Well, my friends, I still owe you another 7 days of updates, but it is now 12:45 in the morning, and I think an eyelash just got stuck in my eye, so you will just have to wait on pins and needles to find out what happens next in our grand adventure.

Will The Queen ever get her day off?

Will The Princess ever be willing to practice the piano?

Will The Dragon ever let her Mom read another book to her?

Will The King ever feast on chicken again?

Stay tuned for our next episode!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

personally, i didn't understand the last comment.

was that spanish spam?

sounds like life has been busy for your family.

sometimes that is a wonderful thing!

10:57 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

I think that first comment was a scam thing. Was it Portuguese? I was spanish-ish, but I don't think it was Spanish.

Yup, it was too long between posts. Summertime is busy!

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus