Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring Is Sprung

Spring is sprung.
The grass is ris.
I wonder where
My thinker is...


This poem has never quite rung so true as it did a few minutes ago.

I've been aware of who the candidates are for the Presidential Election of 2008. I've been trying to focus on the issues... you know, the stuff that is supposed to be "important". I haven't decided who my favorite is yet, but I never quite understood why there was so much fuss around Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack H. Obama.

I'm embarrassed to say that I just didn't "get" it.

Thankfully, Wanda Sykes set me straight tonight. You see, she was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and he asked her what she thought about the presidential elections. She said something like "Well, you see, there's Barack Obama and he's BLACK. And then there's Hillary Rodham Clinton and she's a WOMAN..."

DING DING DING! Bells were going off, lightbulbs were flashing... I experienced that feeling called ENLIGHTENMENT.

I. GET. IT.

It reminds me of the time when one of The King's friends (He Who Consumes Cats) realized that The King was black. They had been friends... and roommates... for quite a while. The notion that The King was black simply never occurred to him. He probably noticed, but he never REALIZED it.

I can so relate.

And now you have had some insight into my state of mind, which might explain A LOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus