Thursday, March 22, 2007

What's In A Name?

I had to come and jot this down really quick, because it made me giggle.

I was helping The Dragon clean her room, and we were arranging a small pile of dolls. She refers to her 'Newborn Cabbage Patch Kid' as 'The Dragon' <-- insert her real name here. She then proceeded to tell me that her 'big' Cabbage Patch Kid is named Sally. And her 'baby' Cabbage Patch Kid is 'Funny' because she has two teeth and The Dragon thinks she looks funny. Her 'regular' dolls name, however, takes the cake. Her name is 'Blue Pacifier.' I think you know why.

She then proceeded to tell me that she hopes I remember "that name you keep calling me" (this is in referral to her REAL name - like she has some other name that we are supposed to be calling her) because she likes it. I told her that OF COURSE I would remember it, but The Dragon proceeded to tell me that I don't always remember it because sometimes I call her "The Princess." Point taken.

1 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

When I was little, we charged my dad $1 every time he called one of us the wrong name. Now I do it to my kids all the time. The worst was when he called my mom "Helen" = his mother's name -- and she had been dead for ten years!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus