Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Twitterpated

Happy Valentine's Day!

Are you twitterpated with somebody? If so, today is the day to show it. Don't worry, you still have a few minutes left (Mountain Time)! Seize the day!

I have really been struggling with my blog lately. I have a lot of things that I would like to say, but the recurring thought that keeps running through my mind is: "Do I offend?"

I just feel like everything that I have to say is going to
a) hurt someone's feelings
b) piss someone off (which is similar to 'a', but different)
c) start a huge debate
d) offend someone (which is similar to 'a' and 'b', yet still different)
e) all of the above

Part of me is screaming "write anyway!" Like who cares, it's MY blog after all.

The other part of me is cringing in agony because of the imagined aftermath that I just don't have the strength or emotional fortitude to deal with.

It's not like I have anything really earth-shattering to say. My life is rather boring. But lately I've been feeling rather opinionated and have also felt that everything I say (either here or in my 'real' -HA!- life) is offensive to someone - though I certainly haven't meant it that way.

It just comes out wrong.

I could say, please don't comment on my posts, but that is NOT what I want. I want comments. I want people to read what I have to say. BUT... I would like people to LIKE to read what I have to say. I know, I know, I'm soooo demanding.

In a perfect world, right?

Which it isn't.

3 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

If someone gets ticked off at what you say, that is their fault. Be honest and accept the fact that not everyone will agree, but hopefully they won't have to feel disagreeable about it. Controversy is okay, as long as it is respectful.

6:21 AM  
Blogger King Isepik said...

I'm so offended that you won't state your opinions! :) See? You can't please everyone all the time, so say what you want to say.

;)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

The great thing about blogs is that you don't have to read them if you don't want to. Say what you have to say. Tact and honesty are always valuable, but there is no reason to hide your opinions away. The blogosphere is a great place for the exchange of ideas.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus