Friday, February 02, 2007

The Ashley Treatment

I am a member of Parent Center, and as such, am subject to weekly emails updating me with information about their website.

One of the emails contained the following paragraph:

Due to a disability she's had from birth, 9-year-old Ashley lives permanently in an infant-like state, unable to hold her head up, roll over, or talk. Her parents and doctors have stunted her growth with hormones so she'd be easier to lift, removed her uterus so she won't have periods, and removed her breast buds so she won't suffer the future discomfort of large breasts. Activists are calling these measures unethical. What do you think?

There was a link to the following page: Burning Question

Upon further reading, I found a link to the blog that belongs to Ashley's parents.

I support their decision. But I'm curious... what do YOU think?

3 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I think I'm way too out of my league to have an opinion.

11:03 AM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

I'm glad I've never had to make the choices they have. Bless them for doing what is best for their family even in the face of contraversy.

4:43 PM  
Blogger dubby said...

I think they have a tough decision and the media needs to stay out of it. They have proven their decisions are based on love and commitment to her. I used to hate it when everyone would give unsolicited advice on how to dress, feed, bath, discipline, and discipline my kids. People need to butt out!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus