Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Getting Back On Track...

The month of August wiped me out because of my battle with Bronchitis. September felt like I was just trying to catch up or figure out what was going on. It's all been a blur.

Today I felt completely out of whack, very far behind, and pretty much overwhelmed and hopeless. So instead of sitting around bemoaning my situation, I made an attempt to make a dent in all the papers that surround my desk, mostly trying desperately to figure out which bills needed to be paid in some kind of prioritized order.

Ugh.

On top of it all, I attempted to get the safety and emissions inspection done for one of our vehicles, but couldn't find the registration. Hours of searching later - guess where it was? In the glove compartment of the car. Yep, right where it should be. But somehow it got stuck in a folder containing our insurance papers that we've been instructed to keep in the car (it's a copy). BLAH.

Bottom line is, I do feel a little bit better, because I have a much better idea of where we stand financially. Let's just say I took a few steps back from the edge of the cliff called despair. I am, however, hoping that perhaps a very tentative prospect of a job promotion in King Isepik's future pans out. The resulting paycheck would be very nice. :)

Speaking of The King - did you know he's awesome? While his diploma hasn't arrived yet - it's supposed to arrive in 6-8 weeks - he HAS graduated (yep, it's official!) and it's of MAY 2006. We were told it was going to be an August or possibly even December graduation date. So that rocks. King Isepik's a college graduate! WOOHOO!

Hm... anything else? Oh yes, today was school picture day for The Pink Princess - loads of fun. She looked really cute when I dropped her off at school, but they had recess before they had their pictures taken. :0 She assured me that she didn't run. Poor girl!

Oh yes, and yesterday I acquired (with The King's assistance) 4 free tickets to see Disney on Ice in November. YAY! I love free tickets.

OK, I've got a headache now and a HUGE to-do list for tomorrow, so I am going to bed. G'night all.

P.S. Gail - the title is now a link back to the main page, per your request! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger gaily-o said...

Thanks!!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus