Friday, August 04, 2006

Watch Me Disappear

So I disappeared for a few days. OK, two weeks. I guess I simply didn't have anything to say. Or it didn't seem like it. Or I decided to be pouty because I finally posted some pictures and I didn't get any comments. None. Zero. Nada. Until dear sweet Cathryn complained that I hadn't posted for a while and that it's not right to disappear for two weeks without telling anyone where I went. And I suppose she's right. So you are getting an update of sorts - although brief.

The truth is, I didn't go anywhere. I've been home. And going to the store. And the park. And fireworks. And swimming lessons. And piano lessons. And probably a few other places here and there.

I also realize that I haven't posted pictures of The Purple Dragon's room yet. Most likely that will occur on Sunday because it's 2 AM right now and I want to go to bed, tomorrow we are going camping, Saturday we are coming back from camping and celebrating my Brother D's birthday... so as I said, it will probably be Sunday. And with that being said, if you didn't realize it earlier, I updated my last post and there are pictures of The Pink Princess' room at the bottom. So go check it out if you haven't already.

I've got my yucky bronchitis thing again. Dubby knows exactly what I am talking about, as does my husband. Dianna probably remembers a little bit since her Mom was busy taking care of me in 2005, and Gail might very well remember me hacking out various lung parts when we worked together at TRG. So I'm not very happy, very comfortable, or very energetic. But I am OK. No fever as of yet... just a nasty cough and a bit of a stuffy nose. Camping should be interesting.

I have another bad habit. I "rip off" finger nails and toe nails. I really need to stop. I don't necessarily bite them (I NEVER bite toe nails), but I just grab them and pull until the part you would normally "clip" off comes off. I do it without thinking about it. I thought that having my toes manicured would keep me from doing it and it did work for a little while, but tonight I ripped one without even thinking about it. And then I did another. Then I stopped. Then I bit off a fingernail. Too much info? Sorry. This is what you get when I start typing at 2 am.

I'm going to go to bed now before I start babbling about the other topic that is on my mind. What? Got you curious? Fine. Here it is: Whenever I get this bronchitis thing a strange smell emits from my body. It's the same smell every time. It doesn't matter how many times I take a shower a day (though it does help in the VERY short term), but it always comes back. I haven't asked King Isepik about it yet, so I don't know if it's only something I can smell, or if other people notice it too. It's not a good smell (to me anyway), it's not B.O. (as in the arm pit kind... it is 'body odor though - obviously!), it's just weird. And it's gross. And I hate it. But it does tell me that I've got bronchitis again - it's a sure sign. Too much info again? As I said I should NOT be typing at 2 am.

So this time I really am going to bed. Bet you wish I had stayed missing for a little bit longer now! LOL!

P.S. We're getting AC on the 10th! WOOHOO!

5 Comments:

Blogger Obliviocelot said...

Yay! New post! Joyous! Has me thinking "Wow... that's... interesting...." Sorry about having "yucky-bronchitis-thing". Doesn't sound fun. I seem to get some kind of bronchitis periodically where I hack up my guts for a few weeks and sometimes get a fever, but uh... I don't smell funny when I do. So I guess that's pretty irrelevant. Hm...

Have fun camping and celebrating birthdays and stuff!

8:14 PM  
Blogger gaily-o said...

I moved two weeks ago so I've been a total slaker in all areas of my life including the daily internet check ins. Sorry. I totally remember you coughing up a lung and me thinking that would be dropping dead any moment. Sorry you've got it again :(

And I loved the pictures. How did I not comment?! Bad gail. Verybadgail.

10:41 PM  
Blogger King Isepik said...

FYI All, she gets this about 2 or 3 times a year - it varies a bit - but at LEAST once a year. It involves her moving out of our bedroom and into the Rec Room to sleep on the couch for about a month. She doesn't sleep very well on the couch so she's pretty tired all the time. It's not a lot of fun for any of us involved.

She has drugs now, though so that may make it a little better. We can hope, right? :)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Dianna said...

Wow. I know someone who has terrible lung problems and when they get bad he also gets kinda smelly. It's mostly his breath even though he brushes, mouthwashes, etc. Weeirrd. Haha, I remember the bronchitis and only wish I were there to help! Get well soon!

8:15 AM  
Blogger dubby said...

Between my main computer going down and going on vacation, I haven't been on line to see your blog for a few weeks. I feel bad and have missed it. I never noticed a smell when you were sick before, but I am sorry you have it. And I still think there is an allergy of some sort involved.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus