Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Oi!

My mom was a sweetie and watched the girls this afternoon so I could go to the house and steam clean my fridge. I worked on that for a while, then I burned myself, so I put a popsicle on my arm and drove 'home' to Grandma's for dinner.

Then The King and I went back to the house to paint some more. All was going fairly well, until The King remembered that he wanted to turn on the sprinklers to water our very brown, very long, almost dead grass. In case you don't recall from previous posts (that is, I think I wrote about it), there is a problem with the sprinkler system which the previous home owner is supposed to fix. Well the problem now seems to be much bigger as the 'stop waste valve' broke tonight and water was rapidly filling the very large hole that is currently in our front yard. We tried to turn it off, but couldn't, and ended up having to make an emergency call to the City to have them come and turn off the water. We couldn't get in touch with David (the previous owner), who is the only person who knows who is supposed to be fixing the sprinkler in the first place, so the whole situation was/is very frustrating.

As it stands right now, we have a very large hole filled with water in our front yard, and we have a house with absolutely NO water. And we have no idea of when it is going to be fixed. *sigh*

We did manage to get some more painting done, but we have a very long way to go, and I honestly feel that our time table is going to need to be adjusted. This is not a terrible thing -- frustrating, yes; end of world, no. But it's early yet, but this time tomorrow I could be singing a completely different song.

At least I have a sparkling fridge! OH! And my pretty new washer and dryer! They work great, too. I managed to get a load of laundry washed before we had to shut off the water. Yes, I brought dirty laundry to our new house just to try out the washer and dryer. They needed to be washed... I figured it didn't matter much WHERE they were washed.

Oh yeah, and I learned how to shut off the water between the street and our house. I suppose that is a very good thing to know.

And just for fun... this post was brought to you by the letter W and the number 6.

2 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Glad the water went off AFTER the bath and first use of the washing machine. But bummer that it had to happen at all. But you know, things WILL go wrong, so this is as good as any to try and drive you nuts. Wish I were there to help. I really do.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Obliviocelot said...

Hey, so now you can pretend you're from the older times when people had to go to the well with a bucket when they needed water. You could go to your front yard with a bucket and scoop up all the water you need and heat it on the stove for your next bath. Hahaha.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus