Monday, June 05, 2006

3.5 Hours To Go...

I'm awake now. I didn't sleep very well last night, I guess because I was excited or nervous or something - can't pinpoint my feelings very well because they seem to be all over the map.

We are supposed to meet the PREVIOUS home owner's there at noon to do a walk through and get the keys. This is exciting, I think.

In the meantime, I need to get dressed, get the girls dressed and head off to the store to buy some paint brushes, a big roll of plastic to cover stuff while we paint, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, bleach and a few other needed items.

Brother T came over for dinner last night, and we managed to convince him to let us fill his SUV with all kinds of stuff (a ladder, and furniture that I need to paint) and he is going to bring it by the house after he gets done with work. His work isn't very far from us - well, technically it's about 17 blocks - but compared to where everyone and everything else is, it's close.

I am going to spend the afternoon 'taping' in preparation for King Isepik painting, and then I'll move on to cleaning. Got to clean that nice big jetted tub so that I can take my long awaited bath!

The girls are asking me to take them to Lagoon. I'm afraid that's just not going to happen today or even this week. My Mom originally said that she would watch them while we were cleaning and painting and unpacking, but she's taking real estate classes and has decided she needs to finish them all and the state licensing test by mid-July. In other words, she is now extremely busy. I've had a couple of people offer to watch the girls for 2 hours at a time, and I REALLY do appreciate the offer, and I probably will take them up on it eventually, but it doesn't help that much because of the driving time involved with pick-ups and drop-offs. It would be helpful if I could time it where one of the neighbors could watch the girls for 2 hours and then my Mom would be home and could watch them for 2 hours - or vice versa. But as it is right now, it's not happening. I'm going to bring some play-dough for the girls to play with -- that usually occupies them for a couple of hours, and maybe some bubbles. We won't have TV for another week, so I'll probably need to remember to bring a radio too.

Well, time to go. Obviously I've got quite a few things to do!

1 Comments:

Blogger dubby said...

Just pack the girls up and send them to Virginia. I'll take them for as long as you want.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
  Graphics by and Copyright © 2001 Point of Focus